Friday, August 10, 2012

Names and Notes

Well, first post! I'm still trying to figure things out, so bear with me. The blogosphere is a strange and perilous land indeed.

You may rightly be wondering the meaning of the blog's title. I assure you, it does have a meaning; I didn't just choose it to sound random.

Most of my blog posts will inevitably have to do with comic book stuff, because I'm that much of a nerd. So it came to me to choose a title that reflects the nerdy side of comics (Gasp!…Comics have a non-nerdy side??!!).

Below you will see a lovely chap by the name of the Wizard. Like Voldemort crossed with Magneto, I guess.




He is wearing, as you may have guessed, a pair of all-purpose wonder gloves (and yes, he does actually call them that). My friends, you can't get much nerdier than this. It's not so much the gloviness that makes them ridiculous, but the name. I mean, if it were called the Infinity Gauntlet (which may very well be the/a McGuffin in Avengers 2) then these gloves could be quite badass. But no. They're the all-purpose Wonder Gloves. I actually looked the name up, and you can buy them for use in outdoor gardening.

Here you can see him pointing his menacing gloves at the cowering FF. High drama at it's best.




So, in honor of the pure, wonderful dorkiness of the Wizard, I have named this site after his stunning invention. I hope I can live up to his shining example.

I would also like to mention that I was originally going to do all this on a Tumblr account (to which my sister gave a very sweet reaction over at Goldenfeet), but the ways of this site proved baffling and formidable, and so I settled for a blog. Besides, said sister seemed to have been posting approximately one post per 5 seconds, and I just couldn't keep up with that, as I am a mere mortal and not the awesome muse of coolness that she is.

I think that's about all for now. Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment