Monday, November 13, 2017

Two Years Later ...

A lot has changed over two years. It's been about that long since I've been active here. Even then, a quick glance over my post history has made me realize that I had posted almost nothing of real value for a long time. A song review from March 2015 is the closest thing to the content I'd like to be producing that I've posted since then. Pretty much everything else has been a series of reposted academic papers, or some images of mediocre concept art with a bit of fleeting description.

Why have I chosen my last undergrad year to start posting again? How do I have time? For one thing, a couple of months ago my projected schedule opened up in a big way. I may get to writing about that.

I feel like I've done most of my growing in the past two years or so. As a result, I've learned quite a bit, especially about myself. I would like to share my stories and experiences with my readers, and maybe some of the knowledge and wisdom I've picked up along the way. Secondly, I'd like to review and analyze some of my favorite stuff, whether film, television, theatre, music, or any other kind of art or entertainment. And finally, if I can find topics worthy of public interest, I'd like to share some of my more academic writing, on philosophy, theology, literature, history, science, and more. I'll be happiest when I can smoothly combine all of these goals into a cohesive whole.

Coming back to my blog, I've changed a few things. No more is the comic-book background; instead you can now see some of my own scribbles. I've also added to the right a trail of photographs from the past couple of years to chronicle how I've grown.

Perhaps the most melancholy thing I noticed when revisiting my blog is my humorous little poll on the bottom right hand corner. When I created it, I had it set to end on what would be over three years later, almost as a joke. It closed January 1st, 2016, without anyone even noticing.

That was almost two years ago as it is, but it still makes me think about endings, and also beginnings. Here's to, hopefully, a more consistent run of more meaningful content to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment